(If you do not see a site menu at the left-hand side of this page click here)
An Independent Membership Organisation
Providing Fellowship and Support to
Readers of the Anglican Communion in the British Isles
Patron: +Norman, Bishop of Richborough
Co-Patron: Rt Rev’d Martyn Jarrett
Past Patron: the late Bishop Michael Houghton
The COLLEGE OF READERS (CoR)
(founded on 1st April 2000.)
The CoR sets out to provide fellowship and support to Readers who subscribe to the authority of scripture, the grace of the sacraments, and the traditional understanding of the ordained ministry of bishop, priest and deacon.
The aims of the College of Readers are to:
- Proclaim the Gospel of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church through prayer and action.
- Provide opportunities for training and study based on scripture, the Catholic Creeds and the teachings of the Father of the Church.
- Provide mutual support and fellowship for Readers and for Readers in Training, complementing existing arrangements at Diocesan, Provincial and National levels.
Membership is open to Readers, Readers Emeriti and Readers in Training who affirm the traditional understanding of the apostolic ministry of bishop, priest and deacon. The Warden and Chaplains are Members by virtue of their office. Membership may be made available to others at the Committee's discretion.
The benefits of membership include:
- Membership of a regional or diocesan readers' circle;
- Opportunities to share in the activities of the circle that include worship, prayer, study and fellowship;
- Access to spiritual direction from a local chaplain who is a priest of traditional integrity.
For queries and suggestions about the site please don't hesitate to contact the .
Site created 1 July 2004. Page updated 14 November 2011.